CS or Company Secretary is one of the most sought after jobs by the people that have some background in finance and accounting. Defined as a profile that is responsible for managing all the highest level financial and general planning of companies and ensuring that a company runs as per the laws, CS is one awesome JOB! However, to acquire this awesome job, you have to take and pass some really hard papers. And, if it is not enough, you have to fulfil some professional working requirements as well.
To offer you all the details on the subject matter and the steps that you have to take in order to become a CS, we have compiled a list. Read it carefully and then choose the best CS coaching classes in Cochin that can help you achieve your goals with perfection.
So, here we go!
CS – Salaries and Current Vacancy Scenarios:
- Rest assured if you put efforts to pass the exams, then you will be rewarded well. CS salary packages are comforting and jaw-dropping! You can easily start with a salary as high as a 6-figure salary.
- The current scenario of vacancies and hiring is extremely favourable. The existing national policies promote the start-ups and foreign investments have led to the growth in the jobs as well.
- However, it is really important for you to choose the best CS coaching class to pass the exams in flying colours. Training under the experts and perfect guidance of the maestros can make a huge difference in your career trajectory.
- Private firms; MNCs; Start-ups; Government Banks and other financial ventures; private consulting and PPP organisations – there is no scarcity for the working opportunities for the CS that are worth their salt!
How to become a CS – A stepwise account:
Applying for the admissions:
- ICSI is the sole governing body of CS exams. The applications can be filled and submitted online on the official portal. You will require the scanned copies of your documents for uploading in the online application form. Hence, we suggest reading the instructions for form-filling before you commence the application submission.
- The following documents will be required in the online form:
Latest passport size photo that should be as per the size regulations issued by ICSI
Scanned image of the signature as per the given size regulations
Class X and Class XII passing mark sheet (scanned images)
The appearing candidates have to submit their exam roll numbers of Class XII exam
Scanned images of the mark sheets of M.Com, B. Com, and CA students (if applicable)
Address proof, Photo ID proof, Caste Certificate, and Medical Certificate
- The online form submission will not be considered complete without fee remission. Hence, please ensure that you submit the fee.
- You can download the registration certificate, admit card and other important documents from the official portal of ICSI.
Course details and stages of CS course:
There are three courses under CS – Foundation Course; Executive Program and Professional Program.
- You have to register online for this course. Once this course is over, the other exams will be held online.
- The students that have passed the HSC or the equivalent courses have to take this course.
- They have to pay Admission Fee of INR 1500 and Education Fee of INR 3000. There are rebates for people with physical disabilities and other reserved categories. So, check accordingly.
- The students that have completed graduation don’t have to take the foundation course. The students who have qualified CAT, NMAT, MH-CET, XAT, SNAT, GMAT, and ATMA are also exempted from the course.
- The following exams form the Foundation Course:
Business environment and law
Business Economics, Fundamentals of Accounting and auditing, Business management, ethics, and entrepreneurship
This is the second stage, so the competition is tough. The final selection is done on the basis of your performance in the written exams. The examination process has 8 subjects that are divided into two modules.
- Cost and management accounting
- Company Law
- Tax laws and practices
- Economic and commercial law
- Industrial, general and labour laws
- Company accounts and auditing practices
- Capital markets and securities laws
The candidates who pass the Executive Program are allowed to take the final stage exams that form the Professional Program. This is the toughest stage of all the exams and the syllabus is very complex. There are three modules and the final one has 3 subjects. The 3rd subject is to be chosen from the list of the electives provided by the ICSI.
Module – 1:
- Advanced company law and practice
- Secretarial audit, compliance management and due diligence
- Corporate restructuring, valuation and insolvency
Module – 2:
- Information technology and systems audit
- Financial treasury and foreign exchange management
- Ethics, governance and sustainability
Module – 3:
- Advanced tax laws and practices
- Drafting, appearances and pleadings
List of electives for the 3rd subject are as follows:
- Banking laws and practices
- Commodity and money market
- Insurance laws and practices
- Intellectual Property Rights – laws and practices
- International business – laws and practices.
Exams for all levels are held during every June and December. Find the important dates in the following sections:
|For Foundation Programme||31st March for appearing in December Examination in the same year|
|30th September for June Examination next year|
|For Executive Programme||28th February for appearing in both modules in December Exams in the same year|
|31st May for appearing in single module in December Examination in the same year|
|31st August for appearing in both modules in June Exam in the next year|
|30th November for appearing in single module in June Examination in the next year.|
English is the main medium of instruction of the CS course. This is like an article ship for CS students after their Foundation Programme or Degree. However, you can opt for Hindi as well. The average cost all-inclusive is around Rs 180,000 including coaching at a private institute. At Logic, we provide coaching for Executive level.
Three types of practical training are available for students who undertake CS:
- Three Years on registration for the Executive Programme
- Two Years after passing the Executive Programme examination
- One Year after passing the Professional Programme examination.
To become a certified Company Secretary you have to clear the three year CS course. And you have to register at the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. Students who successfully complete their 12th from any recognized board of education are eligible for higher studies as CS.
Those students who are professionals from Chartered Accountancy, graduates (B.Com), and Master of Commerce (M.Com) can also become CS. Students have to clear the exams conducted by ICSI during the three-year course to become a CS. This institute is the sole regulatory of the Company Secretary course.
Which coaching institute to choose?
Logic School of Management is one of the top-notch institutions that provide best CS coaching classes in Cochin and many other parts of Kerala. LSM has shown the best results in Kerala in CS results and boasts the qualified professionals CA, CMA and CS holders as faculties. To know more, please visit www.logiccpacma.com.