ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and is a reputed and world renowned association that provides a global qualification for the CAs. The certification includes 13 exams, 3 year professional work experience and ethic and professional work modules. The candidates can be exempted from some exams depending on their existing educational background.
Being a globally recognized qualification, the candidates having required ACCA membership can apply for jobs overseas as well. Similarly, the ACCA members can also apply for jobs in all the major MNCs in India including the Big Fours (KPMG, Deloitte, PwC and EY). The following post is concerned with the various ACCA job opportunities in India.
The syllabus of ACCA comprises of knowledge module, skill module and essential module, which is as follows:
F1 – Accountant in Business
F2 – Management Accounting
F3 – Financial Accounting
F4 – Corporate and Business Law
F5 – Performance Management
F6 – Taxation
F7 – Financial Reporting
F8 – Audit and Assurance
F9 – Financial Management
P1 – Governance Risk and Ethics
P2 – Corporate Reporting – (UK or International)
P3 – Business Analysis
P4 – Advanced Financial Management
P5 – Advanced Performance Management
P6 – Advanced Taxation
P7 – Advanced Audit and Assurance – (UK or International)
ACCA Scope in India:
- The scope of a bright career and secure future that leads to financial freedom is on the rise. The companies (all sizes and might) are becoming more and more aware of the ACCA, its repute and value as an international standard.
- Though some companies are still unaware of the global ACCA certification, the awareness is spreading really fast.
- With ACCA membership, you can secure a job at the top MNCs inclusive of the BIG FOURS. Apart from them, the core companies such as TATA, BARCLAY’S, STANDARD CHARTERED, BDO, GRANT THORNTON etc are also recruiting ACCA.
- The various job profiles that a student can follow after the successful completion of ACCA course in India
- Investment Advisory
- Risk Advisory
- Audit and Assurance
- Accounting Advisory
- Internal Audit
- Corporate Finance etc
- The job offers, designation and salary packages are though similar to those of CAs.
ACCA Job Opportunities in India
Though it really depends on the ACCA himself or herself, there are numerous career options once the qualification is over. As the qualification itself requires a professional work experience of 3 years, the ACCA can either resume their jobs at the companies they choose to work for in that tenure or go for the corporate jobs or private consulting etc.
- The ACCA can secure a job in consulting, advising, fund management and taxation etc abroad such as USA, UK, Dubai and Singapore.
- Financial or consulting job in the top-level MNCs.
- Starting your own business for advising, consulting, tax filing etc can be another career option for the ACCA.
- In case you wish to complete another program in Masters and pursue teaching etc in the field, you can do that as well.
- Though the ACCA members don’t have the signing authority in India, they can do the audit work in the firms they are employed in.
ACCA Jobs in India:
There is one single dictum as far as the job market in India is concerned. In case you are the best of your field, the jobs will chase you themselves and in case you are average, the race is going to be at your end. Finally, if you are the one that falls into the category of below average performer, it is going to be really hard for you to find and grab a job.
The same principle applies to ACCA members as well. Having a good academic background, a good performance at the ACCA course exams and a good work experience will ensure that you have 2 or 3 job offers waiting for your final createresponse. The number actually depends on your abilities as well.
Taking help from some consulting or referral firm that connects you to the good firms with vacancies is one way to grab the ACCA Job opportunities in India. Sending individual resume to different firms on your own is another approach.
Further, the ACCA members are yet to achieve that distinct level of qualification and skill set in India. The jobs and designations will be equal to those of CAs. Therefore, a mere ACCA course certification will not make you superior to a CA competitor. You have to be good at your work.
Perks of being an ACCA member:
- As the ACCA qualification is globally recognized, the candidates can apply for all the top international firms and get positive responses depending on their performance and professional experience.
- The international jobs are always a yes.
- The ACCA member is obviously a better choice for every firm as he or she is already well versed with the work ethic; has the required set of skills, has a better understanding and knowledge of the accounting world.
- Apart from the core knowledge, the ACCA members have an exceptional understanding of the market strategy and organizational management.
- What makes ACCA a big YES is the fact that the candidates can study while being in a job as well.
Another plus point of having an ACCA course certification is that you can move to the senior management positions very easily and in the very beginning of your career.
Hence, ACCA certification can really give a thrust to your career and make you a financially secure person in no time. In case your career choice is driven by the monetary benefits, you can rest assured that you can find really good ACCA job opportunities, job profiles, and big fat salaries after becoming an ACCA member.