How to do ACCA after CA to get a global qualification?
ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants which is a global professional accounting body that offers Accountant qualification certified by Chartered Accountant. ACCA is one of the most popular global accountancy qualifications. And needless to say, the ACCA is the catalyst that drives your career in the right direction as well. Find everything about the ACCA such as the process of admission, application form submission process, entry requirements, and lots of other details in the following post.
How to Apply for ACCA after CA?
- The CA candidates can apply for ACCA online at ANY TIME of the year. The applications can be submitted online along with the supporting documents which will be mentioned on the official website of ACCA.
- As the applications are submitted online, the processing of ACCA applications is very fast and the candidates are able to find the levels at which they have to begin their studies.
- The candidates are advised to upload all the supporting documents at once while applying for ACCA; so that the forms are submitted and processed rapidly.
- The candidates should note that without uploading the supporting documents and fee remission, the ACCA form submission will not be over.
Find all the other important details related to the ACCA application and other stages of certification.
Entry Level Requirements for ACCA:
There are some entry- level requirements for individuals who applied for ACCA after CA which can also be termed as the ACCA eligibility norms. The candidates will be allotted subjects for different levels depending on these entry level requirements.
Minimum Entry Requirements for ACCA are as follows:
- The candidates are required to have passed TWO A-Levels and 3 GCSEs or any other equivalent exam.
- The above mentioned exams (qualifying exams) should have been taken in 5 different subjects inclusive of English and Maths.
- The official website of ACCA has a list of all kinds of exams conducted across various nations that are recognized by the ACCA.
- In order to check whether the educational qualifications of any applicant are enough or not, they can visit the official website and find the database of minimum entrance requirements.
Entry Level Requirements for Foundation in Accountancy:
- No minimum requirements have been fixed for the Foundation course. The candidates can begin at any level; though the Introductory Certificate is recommended in case the candidate has no formal education.
- The candidates with education gap for formal education are also recommended, to begin with, the Introductory Certificate.
- This is due to the fact that the candidates beginning at the Introductory Certificate level and moving to Foundation Level Qualifications are better performers in the higher level exams.
ACCA Application Submission Process
While applying for ACCA certification, the candidates are required to upload the copies of the supporting documents related to their qualification and personal verification. Without uploading the supporting documents, the submission process will not be over.
Documents Required for ACCA Application Submission
- Official documents related to the educational qualification such as completion certificates or transcripts.
- ID proofs such as Birth Certificate, National ID Card, Driving License and Passport etc.
- Passport size photograph.
The candidates should note that the documents that are issued in any language other than English are to be uploaded in English Language as well. This means that the candidates have to get them translated into English and upload them along with the copy of the original document.
The candidates should note that mere filling of details in the application form and uploading of the supporting documents is not enough. After that they have to fill the fee as well.
Time taken for registration as ACCA student:
- As the application process is online and candidates have to complete all the steps such as document submission and fee remission online only, the time taken to complete the registration is very less. If the candidates have all the documents and other things ready, they can complete the registration process in 15 to 20 minutes.
- After the form has been submitted, the information has been verified and the fee has been acknowledged, the candidates can begin the course within 5 to 7 working days. In case, the documents are submitted offline i.e. via Mail, the complete process will take around 10 days to complete.
- The candidates will be issued and sent a communication via email or offline mail to intimate that the form has been accepted and other details regarding the course.
- The candidates can find the detailed fees on the official website. The fee is different for each country and each course.
EXEMPTIONS in ACCA:
The candidates can choose the exemptions while applying. These exemptions are based on the educational qualifications of the candidates and vary from person to person. This means that the candidates will not have to take some exams depending on the type of their qualifications. For example, candidates who applied for ACCA after CA has to appear only less number of exams when compared with normal exams.
There is an exemption calculator available online on the official website which will help the candidates to figure out the exemptions they can apply for.
Exams to be taken for completion of ACCA:
- The candidates are to take 13 exams in total to complete the ACCA qualification and become a member of the same.
- The exemptions in the number of exams mentioned above will be awarded based on the previous qualifications.
- Apart from that, they are to have 3 years practical work experience.
- Ethics and Professional Skills modules.
Duration of ACCA Qualification:
- Number of sessions in each year: 4
- Number of exams that a student can take at each session: 4
- Maximum number of exams a student can take in each calendar year: 8
- Number of years of professional experience: 3 years
- Minimum duration in which a student can complete the ACCA qualification: 3 years
Duration of Foundation in Accountancy:
The initial foundation level qualifications are:
- Introductory Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting
- Intermediate Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting
They contain 2 exams and Foundation in Professionalism Module. This can be completed in 6 months.
The Diploma in Accounting and Business can be completed in 1 YEAR. The Certified Accounting Technician Qualification can also be completed in 1 YEAR given that you achieve the level of required work experience.
The candidates can find the details on required work experience level online on the official website.
How to Study for the ACCA after CA?
- ACCA itself doesn’t provide any tuition. Though, it has a recommended global network of 3rd party tuition providers which helps the students to prepare for the exams and other kinds of requirements such as professional experience etc.
- The candidates can find the Tuition Provider Directory on the official website.